Advertisement

Saturday 28 May 2016

Wale: I Tried To Get Wizkid Into Roc Nation and Drake Copied Wizkid Style in "One Dance"


Top Nigerian/US rapper, Wale has opened up on Nigerian music with particular focus on Wizkid. In an interview with Factory 78, he said he tried to get Wizkid signed on to Roc Nation way before he became a global brand.
He also said he feels Drake copied Wizkid's style on his hit track on Views album, One Dance..

Wizkid is credited as a co-producer on the track so it could mean he wrote part of the lyrics..
Wale said;

I would like to hear more of Wizkid.I would like to hear more of Wizkid on one dance.I could hear more control.It sounds like Wizkid's song.He sounded like Wizkid on that song.The lyrics, the style  everything,.I mean he is a phenomenal writer but I just feel like he sounds like Wizkid on that song..

On Nigerian music,he said
I'm proud of Davido and Wizkid and Olamide. There is alot of dope artists coming out right now .

I knew it was gonna get there. I mean,Nigeria got like a whole 60 % of the swag in Africa. I always knew .I remember bringing the idea of signing Wizkid to Roc nation to the guys out there .Like early on. It was way before this time. I knew it was gon get there. I got like 7 songs on the internet with him. If I had held on to him back then,it would have been a different story.

No comments: